Tuesday 15 May 2012

May 2012 GlossyBox South Africa


May 2012 GlossyBox



So let me start of explaining it quickly.

You register and subscribe. You can choose from different subscriptions. Which I will not go into go check it out at their web site. Glossybox

They then send you 4-5 luxury trial sized products from high end brands which you receive in a beautifully packaged box.

This is what I received this month.


Gatineau Activ Eclat Flash Radiance Cream.
( Trial Size )

                                                                              ~.~


Gatineau Aquamemory Mask
( Trial size )

                                                                                ~.~ 

Beaute Lip Liner Pencil  In Sangria
( Full Size )


                                                                               ~.~
                                                                            

Colours Extreme Nail Enamel - Fairy Dust
( Full Size )

                                                                               ~.~
4Flavours Scarf
(R150)

                                                                             ~.~




Two Vouchers for L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Moisturizer when Buying a full sized Immortelle Moisturizer you can get a foaming cleanser worth R115 free.
L’Occitane Sample Packs from the Regard Divin Collection.

                                                                               ~.~

A Voucher for a Derma Scan at Beaute Pacifique in JHB.
(Worth R650)

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I love the Idea of Glossybox.  . It was as always beautifully packaged. This box just makes me giddy from the time it arrives in the courier bag. Wrapped up in tissue paper tied with the prettiest pink bow.

I love the Gatineau trial size samples I received. I love good skin care products but I never buy them for fear of wasting money on skincare that I cannot use. Which I have done in the past.

I looovvveee My scarf, I’m a scarf person so that was an easy one. Its beigy and florally with little tassels on the sides. A hint of glitter and I can brighten up my normal drab office wear with a hint of flowers this winter.

The Beaute lip colour is a nice deep red. Aptly decribed as Sangria. I immediately coloured in my lips and walked around pouting my lips. It has a sharpner in the cap. A nice extra for a absent minded person like me :)

The nail polish is standing on my makeup table trying hard to convince me that I should dare that colour.. It’s a Glitter nail polish in mustard yellow. I do not know if there were other colours sent out.. But it kind of feels like a colour that was not very popular and left over that was sent to us.

Another strange thing to me is the sample sachets we received, combined with the voucher. You would think they would send you the samples of the product in the voucher that they want you to buy.

The derma scan is a great gift if you live close to Bryanston. My delivery address is at work and it is in the Eastrand. But I live in Pretoria and if I understand correctly your box is filled with things that you will be able to find close to your delivery address.

My overview of the May Glossybox.

Did I get my money worth? Yes. The scarf alone was more than the R130 the box cost me.


I feel that the idea of the box is to try high end products. ( I love watching the Youtube Videos )
Trial or full sizes. The two months that I have received the Glossy box it only half way delivered on this expectation. Half of the products is not high end , it is sample sizes that you can ask for at any beauty counter and the full size products, but it’s budget brands from clicks, I do like the full sized products as it makes up for the lack of trial sizes on the high end products.

I do not like going into shops and having sales people all over me at the beauty counters, and for that reason I think the beauty boxes is a great treat. I can try these high end products and if I like it buy them without having a sales person trying to sell me more than I want. And I do not run the risk of buying products I do not like.

Would I buy another one..? I probably will, just like the lucky packets from my child hood I will be leared into the idea of something great in a packet all wrapped in pink. I will however wait a few months to see the reviews on their site.

Xx
Mila

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mila, I have to agree with you. I think I order a glossybox every month more out of curiosity than anything else. I recently bought some Gatineau products from Truworths and they gave me complimentary samples from the Gatineau range (probably enough to last a year!) so I was not overly impressed with these in the Glossybox. I know Truworths and Foschini are very happy to dish out samples and I would prefer to receive more expensive products (I'm happy with trial size) that are not easily available as samples in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many makeup products for the skin and the body, but must choose effective and safe product as well as for our own safety. Do not blindly use whatever products if you are not sure how safe it is because it has a bad effect on your health.


    annemarie börlind

    ReplyDelete